Restricting audiences in Media Hopper
When you upload a video to Media Hopper, you are given 3 options that determine who will be able to see it:
- Private (only you)
- Unlisted (anyone with the link)
- Published (the video is published in a channel; visibility depends on the settings associated with that channel).
Private/Unlisted videos are not associated with a channel.
Published videos must be associated with a channel.
Channels have 4 levels of visibility:
- Open and Restricted (viewers need to be logged in to EASE).
- Private (viewers need to be logged in to EASE and manually added to the channel).
- Public (anyone can view the video)
What’s the difference between “Open” and “Restricted”?
- “Open” means admin level users and channel members can add videos to the channel.
- “Restricted” means only channel members can add videos to the channel.
For most practical purposes, there’s not a lot of difference.