Top Hat is a student response system available to staff and students at the University.
These systems usually work as follows:
- Lecturer asks a question.
- Students respond via phone/tablet/laptop.
- Results appear on the screen.
Top Hat offers considerable benefits to the free services available online:
- Wide range of question types
- Students can participate by internet-enabled devices or SMS
- Discussion feature allows students to submit questions during the lecture, and vote up popular questions
- Questions can be set for homework
- Responses can be tracked and analysed after class